fun facts about me

My photo
los angeles, ca, United States
My name is Dave Davenport, but I am sometimes known as "Dogspunk", and sign my artwork "DDOG". I've been tattooing since 1996 and making comic books since 2004. In a past life I animated video games. To view galleries of my work, visit my website dogspunk.com and click on the teeth menu on the left...

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hard to swallow #4 back cover

For those who don’t know, Justin Hall and I take turns with the front and back covers of our comic book Hard to Swallow. The issue in production now (#4), Justin is doing the front, so I am doing the back. I just finished this one, and I love it. I’ve had this page from a small newspaper with kids portraying different emotions in a grid, kind of a guide to what feelings look like. I’ve had it on my fridge for years, always wanting to do something with it someday. The current Feral story has the biggest cast I’ve worked with so far, so it seemed like a perfect situation to use this layout for a cover. I tried to switch the emotions up with characters that wouldn’t normally be seen with that particular expression on his face…
Here’s the kids:

Here’s my cover:

No comments: