fun facts about me

My photo
los angeles, ca, United States
My name is Dave Davenport, but I am sometimes known as "Dogspunk", and sign my artwork "DDOG". I've been tattooing since 1996 and making comic books since 2004. In a past life I animated video games. To view galleries of my work, visit my website dogspunk.com and click on the teeth menu on the left...

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Patreon

Hello, me Droogies! 
I've launched a Patreon Page

W.T.F. is Patreon


from the patreon faq:

What Is Patreon?

For creators:
Patreon is a way to get paid for creating the things you’re already creating (webcomics, videos, songs, whatevs).  Fans pledge a few bucks per month OR per thing you release, and then you get paid every month, or every time you release something new (whether it’s on SoundCloud, YouTube, your own website, or anywhere).
For patrons:
Patreon is a way to pay your favorite creators for making the stuff you love.  Instead of literally throwing money at your screen (trust us, that doesn’t work), you can now pledge a few bucks per thing that a creator makes.  For example, if you pledge $2 per video, and the creator releases 3 videos in February, then your card gets charged a total of $6 that month.  This means the creator gets paid regularly (every time she releases something new), and you become a bonafide, real-life patron of the arts.  That’s right.  Imagine you, in a long frilly white wig, painted on a 10-foot canvas on the wall of a Victorian mansion.  And imagine your favorite creators making a living doing what they do best… because of you.
Click here to watch a short video explaining Patreon on YouTube:

My Page went live a few days ago.



On Friday the 13th of November!

It's (obviously) to support my dangerous habit of making comics to the detriment of all else! The majority of my work will be posted free online as web-comics at:
There will be some that are only available to patrons of a certain pledge level, but mostly free. So please keep an eye on that page, but also chip in if you like my work... want to support my creative endeavors... or just want to get some mental hugs from me. Pledges are as low as $1 dollar a month, and you can quit at any time.  


Follow this link to check it out:


Thanks for your support, it really means a lot to me.

No comments: