fun facts about me

My photo
los angeles, ca, United States
My name is Dave Davenport, but I am sometimes known as "Dogspunk", and sign my artwork "DDOG". I've been tattooing since 1996 and making comic books since 2004. In a past life I animated video games. To view galleries of my work, visit my website dogspunk.com and click on the teeth menu on the left...

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fearful Hunter collected volume


fearful hunter


     If you've not read Jon Macy's Fearful Hunter, you are missing out on one of my favorite gay comics. Jon is a contemporary of mine in many ways, we both graduated high school from Monta Vista in Cupertino, California... the same year in fact, though we didn't meet until 2008. And we both make comics about gay werewolves. Fearful Hunter is a love story between a young druid, Oisin, who (against the commands of his superiors) falls for a steamy werewolf, Byron (who is not your average bloodthirsty lycanthrope).

fearful hunter

     I won't give too much away. I'll just say if you like Feral and the Ghost Skater, you will like this book. You can pre-order the collected volume via the kick-starter campaign, where there is also a link to a free digital download of the first chapter of Fearful Hunter, so you can see for yourself.

     The collected volume also includes short back-up stories by many fine artists such as Steve MacIsaac, Justin Hall, Dylan Edwards, William O. Tyler, Agnes Czaja, Rene Capone, Sean-Z, and Sina Sparrow... plus the 4 page story "When Hairy met Selkie" by myself, a story I am very proud of. 


when hairy met selkie


Do yourself a favor and check it out... download part 1 for free, read it, and decide to pre-order the collection. Or not. You have free-will. Buy it buy it BUY IT!


No comments: