fun facts about me

My photo
los angeles, ca, United States
My name is Dave Davenport, but I am sometimes known as "Dogspunk", and sign my artwork "DDOG". I've been tattooing since 1996 and making comic books since 2004. In a past life I animated video games. To view galleries of my work, visit my website dogspunk.com and click on the teeth menu on the left...

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SD comic-con

I'll be in San Diego for Comic-con over the next few days. It's the first time in a while I am not going as "marginalized publications".  I'll mainly be there as a promoter of Bent-Con, recruiting artists for the gallery show and for the contest to name the iconic characters (see card below). Also looking for sponsors and what-not. Bent-con will have a space at the Prism booth (#2144).

Secondarily, I'll be there as a Judge Dredd fan. The film "Dredd" comes out in september, and 2000ad, rebellion, and IDW are all having a big JD presence: panels, signings, et al.. Plus an advance screening of the film that I won tickets to.
Next year we will revert to our regularly scheduled convention schedule of tabling at a booth selling my wares.
See you there!

No comments: