fun facts about me

My photo
los angeles, ca, United States
My name is Dave Davenport, but I am sometimes known as "Dogspunk", and sign my artwork "DDOG". I've been tattooing since 1996 and making comic books since 2004. In a past life I animated video games. To view galleries of my work, visit my website dogspunk.com and click on the teeth menu on the left...

Friday, January 18, 2008

Wacom and Dogspunk #1 second printing


I some months ago took the plunge and got a wacom tablet. I've been using a mouse for most of my life, so I suppose there will be some sort of learning curve, but so far I like it. It is weird, cuz I had developed a style that makes use of the weaknesses of the mouse, and now it is a moot point. Using the stylus with the tablet is a lot like painting, or pastels. So as a practice piece, I colored a new back cover to Dogspunk#1 using the tablet. Dogspunk #1 is getting orders from shops that require a bar code, so I had to get more printed anyhow, and decided to do some things like give it a better back cover, make some changes to the contents, editorial, and letters areas, and ditch the ka-blam ad in favor of some marginalized publications ads. Maybe the new back could sell as a poster too (minus the bar code, of course!)?

2 comments:

werewolfmike said...

I invested in a Wacom tablet a while back. Took a while to get the hang of using the stylus. Years of pen-to-paper practice made it difficult to watch the screen while using a pen/stylus. For some reason, using a mouse to draw onscreen was easier. Probably from the years of point-and-click conditioning.

Looks like you've made the transition well though!

PortugePunk said...

f-ing rad. I used to be so good with a Wacom, but in the last few years, I've gotten crappy with it.