fun facts about me

My photo
los angeles, ca, United States
My name is Dave Davenport, but I am sometimes known as "Dogspunk", and sign my artwork "DDOG". I've been tattooing since 1996 and making comic books since 2004. In a past life I animated video games. To view galleries of my work, visit my website dogspunk.com and click on the teeth menu on the left...

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Comics I am reading


I just read LAIKA by Nick Abadzis, a graphic novel story of the first earthling in space, Laika, a little stray dog from the streets of Moscow. After the success of SPUTNIK, Khrushchev ordered a second flight to top the first satellite in space, and so only a month afterward a dog was launched into space. I can't say enough about this book, the art is beautiful, the writing is perfect, and it has so much heart. READ IT!!!

No comments: